Super easy homemade chicken noodle soup
I was going to post this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe with the whole wheat French bread recipe I recently posted on Blogcritics Tastes, but I wasn’t sure if that was within the Blogcritics guidelines, and because I only browsed the guidelines, I thought it best to be safe rather than sorry, you know?
Even thought it’s May, Utah seems to think it’s still February, so last week at the last minute I pulled out this chicken noodle soup recipe from my much loved recipe binder. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish and is super good. This time I had some leftover turkey breast on hand, so I diced that up instead of the chicken and it was a hit!
This soup would pair perfectly with the aforementioned whole wheat French bread recipe, and with the way our weather is going, we’ll be sipping soup mid June.
Printable recipe for easy homemade chicken (or turkey) noodle soup below.
- 1 T butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14.5-oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can vegetable broth
- 2 to 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (or 2 to 3 cups diced/chopped cooked turkey breast)
- 2 to 3 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken (or turkey), noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
P.S. This recipe is even easier and quicker if you don’t have celery or carrots on hand. Oh, and sometimes I use noodles other than egg noodles and nobody even cares.
P.P.S. I love using the Pacific Natural Foods organic free-range chicken broth. So much easier than cans!
P.P.P.S. Sometimes I add a dash of white pepper to kick it up a notch!
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.