Pinned & prepped: Slow cooker angel chicken
I discovered another Pinterest find that worked perfectly in the slow cooker–yay!
The other day I was thinking I’d make creamy Italian chicken again, but then I thought perhaps there might be a variation out there my family would like (and one that didn’t require me doing anything while the chicken was slow cooking).
Even though I didn’t have any fresh mushrooms whatsoever, not to mention golden mushroom soup, white wine and cream cheese with chive and onion, I went for it.
Here’s how I made it:
- Left out the mushrooms—much to the chagrin of half the family.
- Used regular, ol’ cream of mushroom soup, reduced-fat cream cheese and white cooking wine (not the same as a good dry white wine but as close as I could get).
- Threw in about a 1/2 tablespoon of dried chive and a dash of onion powder. Or was it salt? Heck if I remember.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces at the very end and served it over white rice. We prefer it that way.
The end result was delicious with even a few plates licked clean (not literally, for once). And I loved that I didn’t have to add ingredients or remove the chicken partway through the recipe. So easy!
What you’ll need for the original recipe:
Fresh button mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms
Dry Italian dressing mix
Condensed golden mushroom soup
Dry white wine
Cream cheese spread with chives and onion
Rice or angel hair pasta
Previous pinned & prepped recipes:
- Slow cooker chicken & dumplings
- No-bake peanut butter s’mores bars
- Tomato basil Parmesan soup
- Chocolate chip cookie n’ Oreo fudge brownie bar
Previous Slow Cooker Anyday recipes: