Pinned & prepped: Crock pot chicken tacos
Some of you are aware of Taco Tuesday, our Tuesday dinner tradition. We’ve had Taco Tuesday using ground turkey and homemade taco seasoning (our go-to tacos), Cafe Rio-style pork and tilapia with chipotle mayo.
Funny thing. We have yet to make them using chicken…and I LOVE chicken tacos! (I need to figure out Costa Vida’s grilled chicken recipe ASAP.) When I saw this pin for crock pot chicken tacos using only three ingredients, I knew I had to try it.
Only three ingredients, all of which I always have on hand.
This crock pot chicken taco recipe from Chocolate Therapy calls for six chicken breasts but I used only four because the ones I buy from Costco (Foster Farms) are ginormous. And four was perfect. I used the easy Texas taco seasoning from A Southern Fairytale and a semi-homemade salsa.* I threw everything in the slow cooker and six hours—and a little shredding—later, we had delicious chicken tacos.
We topped them with cheese and tomatoes but left off the lettuce and creamy cilantro dressing due to the fridge failing to produce them.
Or my failing to buy/make them. One or the other.
The kids loved the crock pot chicken tacos, so the recipe is definitely a keeper for Taco Tuesday. Plus, you can use the leftovers in chicken tortilla soup, enchiladas or future Taco Tuesdays (with a little help from Tupperware and your freezer).
What you’ll need for the original recipe:
Frozen chicken breasts
* I love making semi-homemade salsa using a can of diced tomatoes and a scoop of H & H Brand Salsa. A little pureeing of the canned tomatoes combined with a scoop of this 30-second salsa miracle (and a little fridge time if you like it chilled) and you have some dang easy—and dang tasty—salsa. I make a double batch because it disappears as quickly as that creamy cilantro dressing!
Previous pinned & prepped recipes:
- Brownie cookies
- Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets
- Slow cooker angel chicken
- Slow cooker chicken & dumplings
- No-bake peanut butter s’mores bars
- Tomato basil Parmesan soup
- Chocolate chip cookie n’ Oreo fudge brownie bar