Pinned & prepped: Hello Dolly bars
Friday night I had THE WORST craving for some sort of decadent baked good so I browsed the collection of dessert recipes on my Pinterest “suh-weet!” board.
And I found just what I was looking for when these Hello Dolly bars scrolled to the top of my screen.
Graham crackers, walnuts, chocolate chips, coconut and sweetened condensed milk? SOLD!
I consider these Hello Dolly cookie bars from eat, live, run a total success—they satisfied my sweet tooth with just one serving.
Of course, that didn’t stop me from eating at least half the pan.
I did find the 25-minute bake time about 5 minutes too long (mine got a little toasty), so I’d cut the time down to 18 to 20 minutes and check them as they bake. Also, I think I’m going to try them in a 9×9-inch pan next time so they’re extra thick and chewy.
Oh, and grease the pan too. I had to soak mine for a bit before washing. (Not that I mind; it means I can wait another day to clean it.)
What you’ll need for the original recipe:
Sweetened flaked coconut
Sweetened condensed milk
Previous pinned & prepped recipes:
- Brown sugar & balsamic-glazed pork loin
- Brussels sprouts with bacon & walnuts
- Glazed doughnut muffins
- Crock pot chicken tacos
- Brownie cookies
- Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets
- Slow cooker angel chicken
- Slow cooker chicken & dumplings
- No-bake peanut butter s’mores bars
- Tomato basil Parmesan soup
- Chocolate chip cookie n’ Oreo fudge brownie bar