WYSMAG: Because ladder lift elevator thingies are super helpful
Moving is never fun.* Throw in 50 bazillion pounds of emergency food storage (i.e., enough brownie mixes, chocolate chips and toilet paper to last 6 months) and it’s even less fun.
Oh, wait. Those 200 #10 cans also need to go up a flight of stairs.
Then again, if you’re married to a geek—especially my geek—moving food storage (almost) becomes fun because he’ll invent this super cool ladder lift/elevator/dolly thingy that will haul that stuff up in record time.
Yes, Nathan is using a drill to bring the sled up and down the ladder. And that sled went super fast…like speed of light fast.
Of course, he couldn’t have run this super cool contraption without my help.
See how helpful I am?
And yes, I know it’s hard to focus on the photos because Nathan’s Adidas sweatband is so distracting. Don’t worry, he’s not allowed to wear that thing outside our home unless he’s on a racquetball court.
This moving dolly/lift thing had serious potential, so much so Nathan took his invention to Little Giant Ladder but those idiots people couldn’t catch the vision.
They’re going to so regret their decision the next time they have to haul food storage and theater speakers and storage bins and assorted moving boxes up a flight of stairs.
* Okay, the decluttering part is fun, as is organizing everything in your new home. But other than that, moving sucks rocks.
Previous Why You Should Marry a Geek posts:
- Because personalized Pilot G-2 Ultra Fine pens are cool
- Because central vacs suck!
- Because duct tape really can fix anything
- Because the moon is gorgeous
- Because homemade hovercrafts are awesome
- Because styrofoam isn’t just for cups & takeout containers
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.