Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Post may include affiliate links to support my Diet Coke habit.
Winter is the perfect season for singing carols, snowman building and yummiest of all, a Jolly Green Giant-size bowl of soup. Who doesn’t love a crusty bread bowl filled with Market Street clam chowder, slow cooker spicy chicken soup or a delicious (and easy) tomato artichoke soup?
Don’t forget your classic homemade chicken noodle soup—a great way to use leftover turkey from the holidays.
One of my new favorites is this chicken taco soup…and not just because it’s one of those recipes where I usually have everything on hand. It’s similar to a white chicken chili but has a definite taco taste to it…and I kind of like it that way.
Don’t be fooled by the ingredients list. Half of the items listed are toppings. The rest, other than the onion, will come from a pouch or can. So easy! By the way, white shoepeg corn is my all-time favorite canned corn for soup recipes and appetizers like my famous cowboy salsa. It’s seriously the sweetest.
Printable recipe for chicken taco soup below.
- 1¼ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ of a white onion, chopped
- 2 (15-oz) cans great northern beans
- 1 (15-0z) can white or yellow corn
- 1 envelope taco seasoning*
- 1 (4.5-oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-oz) can chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- Sliced green onions
- Tortilla strips
- Layer white onion in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker and add chicken.
- Top with beans and corn.
- In a medium bowl combine taco seasoning, chilies, soup and broth. Pour over ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving, use a fork to break up chicken and add sour cream.
- Serve topped with your choice of cheese, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, olives, green onions and tortilla strips or chips.
Previous Slow Cooker Anyday recipes:
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.