It’s Taco Tuesday time again, and I’m so not complaining. Taco Tuesday is one of my family’s favorite days of the week—and mine too because I always know we’ll be eating Mexican food that night. Our go-to dish is the standard taco using homemade taco seasoning and ground turkey, but sometimes we mix it up with recipes like these:
We mixed it up again just a few weeks ago with this Mexican lasagna. I’m not sure that’s its official name, but it doesn’t matter. This Mexican dish is good. Real good.
Even better, it’s super easy. As we like to say around these parts, “Sí, se puede!”
Printable recipe for Mexican lasagna below.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 2 T homemade Taco seasoning (or 1 packet storebought)
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 18 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground turkey and stir in the taco seasoning and water. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer ingredients in the following order: 6 tortillas, ½ the can refried beans, ½ of the ground turkey, ½ cup salsa, ¼ cup pepper jack cheese, ½ cup Mexican cheese. Repeat.
- Top with 6 tortillas, 1 cup salsa and 1 cup Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream and guacamole.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.