Chocolate pecan bundt cake
There are three reasons I love bundt cakes:
- They’re easy.
- They’re pretty.
- They’re cake. Duh.
This chocolate pecan bundt cake is no exception. It is super easy, looks really pretty…and it’s cake.
A really, really yummy cake, in fact.
I layered the cake batter and filling a bit differently than suggested in the recipe so the chocolate pecan filling isn’t as noticeable as it would normally be. I suggest following the recipe for a more fun-filled cake.
I topped this chocolate pecan bundt cake with my favorite chocolate glaze and chopped pecans. You can never have too much chocolate. Or too many pecans.
Printable recipe for chocolate pecan bundt cake below.
- 1 butter-recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, divided
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 T butter
- 1 T light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil and applesauce. Mix on medium speed 5 to 6 minutes.
- Gently spread ⅓ of the batter in pan; sprinkle with ½ of the chocolate chips and ½ cup of pecans. Repeat. Top with remaining ⅓ batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan and then invert onto a serving plate. Cool completely.
- Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until completely melted. Do not overcook!
- Spread or pour warm glaze over top of chocolate cake and let drizzle down the sides. Top with remaining ½ cup pecans.
If you’re into bundt cakes like I am, here are a few other bundt cake recipes you might enjoy.
Note: The photo of the cookie dough-filled chocolate bundt cake (bottom right) does NOT do this cake justice, promise.
- Decadent chocolate bundt cake
- Chocolate peppermint bundt cake
- Cookie dough-filled chocolate bundt cake
- Glazed lemon poppy seed bundt cake
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.