Dark chocolate peanut butter cookies
These dark chocolate peanut butter cookies came about after creating a new recipe (yay me!) for an upcoming guest post on Barbara Bakes. I decided that recipe was so yummy I needed to take that same decadent chocolate cookie and change up the mix-ins…just for fun of course.
You’ll have to wait for the recipe to discover what was in the first batch!
This time I tried dark chocolate chips and chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups. They were divine. As in “eat them fresh from the oven after they’ve cooled a couple minutes” divine. The chocolate cookie dough recipe is a keeper for sure. I think next time we’ll try chopped Twix. Lots of chopped Twix.
Printable recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter cookies below.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Ghirardelli natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla and beat another 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in dark chocolate chips and Reese’s.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and press slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.