Great Artist Mom is perfect for your little artist
First, let me put it out there: this is NOT a sponsored post. Laurie, the woman behind Great Artist Mom, is my friend’s sister and one of the most talented artists I know. She adores art, adores kids and adores teaching—the perfect combination for someone who founded the Great Artist Program, an elementary art education program for grades K–6.
Oh, and she is the mother of seven kids and a breast cancer survivor.
Laurie is also:
- A former elementary school teacher.
- A volunteer art teacher at the elementary school and a private art teacher in my home.
- Crazy about Matisse!
- A lover of children’s books.
But back to Great Artist Mom. If you have little artists at home, you will want to visit/bookmark/pin/subscribe to this site ASAP. It is an awesome resource for children’s art projects. The site is full of ideas, inspiration and guided drawing video tutorials for you and your kids to watch together. The site launched in early May and is already brimming with artistic ideas for your little ones.
On Great Artist Mom you’ll find:
- Art activities to do with children.
- Illustrations and artists that inspire children to create art.
- Amazing children’s art.
- Your art questions answered.
- Art champions: volunteers in the schools and the difference they are making.
- Art education: why art is so important
- Art resources: books, supplies, and other resources for successful and engaging art experiences with your children.
- Step-by-step guided drawing videos for you and your child.
We are HUGE fans of Harry and Horsie. Cutest. Books. Ever.
You simply must subscribe to the Great Artist Mom YouTube channel. Every week Laurie uploads a new video tutorial for another fabulous work of art you can make with your kids. So far she has three and I think her Wild Things Drawing is my most favorite:
I don’t usually do any form of art or craft project with my kids, but Great Artist Mom has me reconsidering. Most of the books she references are already family favorites and her videos or so easy to follow, even this art-challenged mom can do it!
Check out the Wild THings the kids created this morning:
I’d love for you to visit Laurie’s site and share it with any family or friends who have little artists of their own. And if your school is in need of an art program, FOR SURE check out the Great Artist Program. I can promise you it is a far better elementary art program than Meet the Masters.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.