Chocolate caramel oatmeal bars & Diet-to-Go GIVEAWAY
Disclaimer: I am a brand ambassador for Diet-to-Go. But even though Diet-to-Go provided the giveaway for this post, my thoughts and opinions—and the recipe for chocolate caramel oatmeal bars—are 100% mine.
You’re probably wondering what chocolate caramel oatmeal bars and Diet-to-Go are doing together in the same post. All I can tell you is if you eat an entire pan of the former, you’ll want to sign up for the latter ASAP.
Or you can bake and eat that entire pan and then enter to win a WEEK of FREE meals from Diet-to-Go (details below). That ought to come close to making up for what I’m sure are a bazillion calories in this dessert.
Here’s the thing. Like Diet-to-Go, I’m all about common sense health and fitness. I participate in a variety of fitness activities (spin class, yoga, Pilates, weight training) so my body is healthy and strong—and so I don’t get bored.
Or lose what sanity I have left.
I also avoid fad diets (cold sweats and near fainting while on a juice diet cured me of those) and try to eat healthy most of the time. But I do believe the occasional indulgence in sweets is good for the soul. If I avoid sweets altogether, I am all kinds of grumpy and end up downing an entire box of Thin Mints faster than you can say Girl Scouts.
Of course, it’s all about portion control when it comes to your indulgence of choice, and these chocolate caramel oatmeal bars are decadent enough you won’t want more than a small square.
If you’re worried about eating more than that, do what I do and send half the pan to the neighbors.
Recipe for chocolate caramel oatmeal bars below.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar Robert Rothschild Chocolate Caramel & Sea Salt Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and pour over dry mixture. Mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined (Mixture will resemble coarse crumbs.)
- Press about ⅔ of the mixture in the bottom of the pan. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Warm the chocolate caramel topping for 30 seconds in the microwave or until easy to pour. Pour over evenly chocolate chips. Top with remaining dry mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is light golden brown on the edges. Cool completely before cutting.
And now for the Diet-to-Go GIVEAWAY!
For your chance to win one (1) week of FREE meals, use the Rafflecopter widget below.
|a Rafflecopter giveaway
And again, if you’re intrigued by Diet-to-Go and want to give it a try, the exclusive coupon code good for $50 OFF any 7-day meal plan is still valid:
Plus they’re offering 20% OFF your first order (new customers only). Suh-weet!
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.