Soft & chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
I’m not going to say much about these soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but here’s what you should know:
- They got rave reviews at October’s PTA meeting. And everyone had at least three including our super fit, super healthy PTA president. No lie.
- The recipe calls for Pillsbury Moist Supreme Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix (the same cake mix in this fabulous pumpkin bundt cake). The mix is available August through January, so stock up when you find it.
- The secret is cream cheese. Crazy, right?
If you’re going to make them, you may want to double the batch so you have enough to “boo” the neighbors AND indulge in some late-night snacking.
Not that I ever eat cookies after 10:00 p.m. or anything.
Printable recipe for soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies below.
- 1 (15.25-oz) package Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin cake mix
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add cake mix and beat until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until just set.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you love all things pumpkin, check out my “fall is in the air” Pinterest board. It’s full of all kinds of fall goodies (baked and crafted).
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.