The 10 Recipes I Will Never Not Make
I’ll explain the title of this post in a moment, but first…
Now is the time everyone starts posting their top posts for the year. I’ve done it for 2013 (now I’m craving cowboy salsa) and 2014 (dang those cookie dough pretzel bites), but this year I decided to do something a bit different. Instead of sharing my most popular or most pinned posts, I’m sharing the recipes I make most often.
You know, the ones I should know by heart but don’t because my brain seems to be slowing along with my metabolism.
These 10 recipes are (choose one): A) my favorites; B) my family’s favorites; C) my friends’ favorites; D) all of the above.
The answer is D.
These recipes have been baked, blended, whisked and rolled more times than I can count, and they will continue to be baked, blended, whisked and rolled for years to come. When you’re talking super awesome recipes like these, you can’t title your post something lame like “My 10 Favorite Recipes” or “The 10 Recipes I Make the Most,” so I asked Madison to help me come up with a catchier title. She was kidding when she messaged me “The 10 Recipes I Will Never Not Make” but it made me laugh out loud so I made it official.
I realized when compiling this list I’ve neglected to share some of our other favorite recipes:
- Stuffed shells
- Chicken divan (shared it seven years ago; time to update!)
- Ghetto chicken (two ingredients and we eat it nearly every Sunday)
- Make-ahead breakfast casserole
Those recipes are officially on my 2016 calendar. And by officially I mean I just set a New Year’s resolution to make them, photograph and share them before 2017.
You may recognize a few of these from the 2013 and 2014 “top” posts. That tells me you love them—and will never not make them—as much as we do!
- Salted caramel butter bars – A 1-inch square is enough to put you in a sugar coma.
- Creamy chicken & rice soup – This soup is easy and hearty; we like it thick enough to hold a spoon standing on end.
- Old-fashioned iced oatmeal cookies – They’re like Mother’s but 436 times better.
- Texas sheet cake – I can eat half a pan before the frosting cools, trust me.
- Best dinner rolls ever – I’m not exaggerating.
- Better than everything chocolate cake – Again, so not exaggerating especially if you add the chocolate glaze. Ask my friend Lindsey.
- Not-so-skinny cheesy potatoes – Perfect side dish for feeding a crowd any time of year. (Don’t eat these if you have a New Year’s resolution to eat healthier.)
- Copycat Cafe Rio creamy cilantro dressing – It’s basically crack but creamy and green with a bit of kick (and not nearly as expensive).
- Fettuccine Alfredo – My family’s favorite way to eat pasta. Don’t expect leftovers.
- Pudding cookies – This is my go-to cookie dough. You can mix and match pudding flavors and mix-ins.
Which of your recipes are your family’s and friends’ most favorite?
If you want to browse all the recipes I’ve shared, check out my best of ITRML Pinterest board.
Feel free to “like” is this REALLY my life? on Facebook. It won’t always earn you an extra entry in a giveaway but it will give you warm fuzzies.